The prestigious Distinguished Service Award (DSA) is an annual award given as the Jaycees’ way of recognizing a citizen for his/her dedication to making Elmhurst a better community. Individuals may be nominated at any time of the year for the upcoming year, past recipients are not eligible to be nominated but they, residents and business people are encouraged to submit letters of nomination, in accordance with the following rules:
- The nominee must have an Elmhurst association including, but not limited to, a family, church, civic, school or business affiliation;
- Completed Distinguished Service Award application form to include the names, addresses and telephone numbers of both the nominee and the person making the nomination, which can be downloaded HERE;
- Letters of nomination must not exceed 500 words. Supporting letters from other citizens and leaders (not to exceed 500 words per letter), photographs and other relevant information are also encouraged and recommended. Please note these materials will not be returned if the nomination is selected;
- Nominations must be received by Friday, November 25th;
- The judging will be done by a panel of Elmhurst Jaycees;
- Any past nominations not selected must be, and are encouraged to be, resubmitted; and
- The decision of the Jaycees will be final.
Nominations should be mailed to: Elmhurst Jaycees, PO Box 1041, Elmhurst, IL 60126
DSA recipients of the past ten years include: Lawrence Fricke (2006), Ken Bartels (2007), Shirley Myers (2008), Richard Rosenberg (2009), Marilyn Boria (2010), Kevin and Sarah Diamond (2011), John R. Quigley (2012), Alice Doyle (2013), Blanche Hill (2014) and Susie Sands (2016).
The Jaycees are eager to welcome the next DSA recipient to this highly esteemed group of leaders.